Do you know i was told juice will stunt a childs growth

i was with my nutrionists for wic and they informed me of that so not really a ? just a bit of info for y0u

flipper4u21

Asked by flipper4u21 at 9:52 AM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Kids' Health

• LOL.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:53 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I think that's a load of crap. You get juice on WIC for a reason. I try to limit juice to meals and give my DS water in between.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 10:04 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Too much sugar, even in the form of juice, is not good for anyone but I think it's a bit of a stretch to say that it will stunt growth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• That is one reason I do NOT like WIC. They are insane. I was told that I was abusing my son because I was following his doctors recommendations instead of theirs and they were going to call CPS on me. I picked up the phone and starting dialing the number for CPS, looked at the nutritionist and said, feel free to report me and handed her the phone. She hung up because she knew I was doing nothing wrong except going against HER advice. I handed her my WIC checks and told her to keep them and walked out. My son had cereal at 2 weeks, baby food by a month and was on all table food and milk at 8 months. He is a very healthy happy 14 year old.

I wonder everyday, how the hell we all survived in my family with the way we were fed. Juice, milk, tablefood and NOT formula or breast milk or baby food/ WOW!!! If I sat and listened to everything that was recommened I should be DEAD.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:54 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• If that's true then my kids are screwed!!
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 9:54 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• yes my DD pediatrician advised me not to give her juice before she was 2...never said why though
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 9:54 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• too much will hurt your teeth.. I gave all my kids apple juice at a young age ( mixed with water) & they are all fine.. but I have never heard it will stunt your growth ..
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:04 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• i don't think that is all true. i think children will be the height they will be. i think its all generics. limiting juice is important. my ped always asks how much. i guess to find out how much.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:05 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Everyday I'm more and more surprised that any of us lived through our childhoods.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:07 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• my son had juice at 6 months old it must have been true he is now 6foot two inches
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:07 AM on Apr. 24, 2011