Is it really worth it, like getting pregnant in your teens? eg- 15

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I don't think many people plan to get pregnant at 15, or does anyone think it's easy. Is it worth it once it happens??? I think the love that any parent has for their children is always worth it.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:20 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I think that PLANNING to become a parent at 15 isn't a good idea. Parenting is never easy, add in still being a child yourself and it gets even harder.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 10:23 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Worth it? In what way? Is becoming a parent and giving up your life ever worth it? It all depends on the person, their ability to love their child and the kind of family support they have. Whether youre 15 or 30, it all comes into play.

Answer by gemgem at 10:23 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• If you haven't got pregnant already i would definitely advise against it for at least 8 years. But if you are pregnant then you have been blessed with a gift. it will be hard but like skittles1108 said the love a parent has for child and vice versa is uncompareable to anything else, it's just hard at an age like that to handle the responsibility
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 10:26 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• If your pregnant and your 15, congrats, but I wouldn't try getting pregnant. I am 18 and pregnant and there is no doubt that in 2 months I will have a completely life changing experience, excited but nerve wrecked.
    jessiskinner200

Answer by jessiskinner200 at 10:33 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• If a 15 yr old is PLANNING on becoming pregnant, that is a big mistake. If it happens on accident, that is a completley different story. Being a pregnant teen, especially on purpose is not worth it. You will lose your freedom, your ability to experience your teen years, your young adult years. You won't be able to experience high school and college in a way that you should. You can't just go out with your friends because you have a BABY to take care of. That baby and their needs will be first, ALWAYS.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:50 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• 50% yes
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 1:34 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Worth it? Lets not even discuss the ramifications for the teen mother, because I'm sure everyone has heard those, but for the child. Children of teen mother are more likely to repeat a grade and less likely to graduate high school than children who are born to someone who is not a teen mother. They are more likely to be a teen parent themselves, experience homelessness and incarceration, and they are more likely to be abused. This is not a reality show......it is a real like baby that will have to grow up. The way that you raise it will determine what kind of person it will be when it grows up.

So no. Not worth it at all. Go to college. Get an education. Meet a man who respects you. And have a baby with him.

I'm sure that this is just a general question, getting off of soapbox now. :)
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 4:31 PM on Apr. 24, 2011