I'm really starting to doubt my parenting skills

First off Happy Easter to all

Now let me say I WOULD be the mother of the 3 years old boy that is now scared to death of the easter bunny.
Mason-"Mama, how did the easter bunny come in the door at night?"
Me-"He just walks in and eats carrots leaves your basket and hops away babe"
Mason-"OH MY GOD! HELP HELP- THE BUNNY IS BAD- MAMA CALL THE COPS" he now thinks Eater bunny= House Burglar.

Only in my life does my son think that when my husband and I tell him "Don't let anyone see or touch your privates, if someone does you yell for help and you tell a grown up okay" He thinks that he must never be naked around his mom and dad and wouldn't let us give him a bath or help dress him.

He know thinks that the Easter Bunny is a robber LOL

Oh man- am I doing something wrong here or is my child just an adorable over thinker?

Jersey_class

Asked by Jersey_class at 10:15 AM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Sounds like he's a sensitive kid who really analyzes everything. Just try to keep it light and fun!!

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:17 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Thats funny. Over thinker hopefully.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:20 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• My middle son wouldn't ride the bus to school because I had drummed it into their little heads sooo often that they were never to get into ANYONE'S car if there weren't enough seat belts. So the first day that he was supposed to ride the bus, he got on the bus, and refused to go because there were no seat belts on the school bus. I have to admit, I wasn't happy that there were no seat belts either!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:32 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• At 3. they can really take things literally. You need to be careful what you say to them. Hopefully they outgrow it.

(He sounds a lot like DD. She has Aspergers and taking things literally is part of the syndrome.)

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 11:36 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• i have to admit that its funny and cute!!! my 3 year old ds doesnt really get the Easter Bunny thing yet though lol maybe compair the bunny to Santa?
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 11:53 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• you have your hands full.
    wendyhicks59

Answer by wendyhicks59 at 10:30 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• not bad parenting at all you just have a very imaginative son who also listens to everything you say. Which on one hand is good and this case can sometimes come back and slap you in the face. The way i see it the only that would make you doubt your parenting skills is how you handle the aftermath of this situation and based on what i read you'll do just fine
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 10:17 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• probably over thinker and for those kids you just over think them tell him you give the bunny and santa and people like keys there not breaking in there aloowed in and not robbing anything you leave the carrots and cookies out for them they are suppose to eat them oh and by the way you forgot to tell him thats why your doing it now yu didnt realize he didnt know
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 10:18 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Sounds like he is an over thinker and real sensitive. My DS is the same way, he finds the Easter Bunny to be Evil, I don't even mention the Easter Bunny around him anymore.. he will go off shouting about how evil/bad the Easter bunny is. So to me this sounds normal.
    CJessB1007

Answer by CJessB1007 at 6:14 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I think he probally just over thinks everything. Maybe next year you can tell him that the Easter bunny doesn't want to scare him so he is gonna leave his basket in the garage or by the front door.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 6:18 PM on Apr. 25, 2011