How do you prepare asparagus ?

wentworth99

Asked by wentworth99 at 10:33 AM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I put it in the microwave. I really like it wrapped in foil and placed on the bbq for several minutes. Either way I add a squirt of lemon juice and a bit of butter.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:36 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I love to wrap it in turkey bacon, pop it in the oven until the bacon is done and glaze with a light butter sauce.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 10:38 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• drizzle with olive oil and bake until tender

Answer by admckenzie at 10:55 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• drizzled with olive oil spinkled with spices and grilled
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 11:00 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• almost like cara 124. put it on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with garlic powder and parmesan cheese. Roast it in the oven. Asparagus farmer at the Farmer's market gave this recipe to me years ago, and my guys beg for it.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:28 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I like it grilled with a little citrus seasoning.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:32 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper and grilled or made in a pan. YUMMY!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:02 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I trim the ends, then roll it in olive oil to make sure it's covered. Spread out on a baking sheet, sprinkle with salt, and bake at 400* for 20 minutes or so. I like the tips to be slightly crunchy and the stalks to be carmelized a bit.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:41 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I put in it a shallow pan with about an inch of water and steam it for about 10 minutes
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 1:11 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Put it in a shallow baking dish (I have an oval one that is our asparagus dish) with a little sea salt and a tablespoon of water and cover with plastic wrap and microwave for about 5 minutes. It's also good roasted and mixed into pasta (I love it with shrimp and roasted garlic cream sauce over linguini).

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:32 PM on Apr. 24, 2011