Silverfish- ick!

I live in a basement apartment and I live in a area where you can easily get silverfish. anyone have good suggestions on how to get rid of them? and things that can deter them?

please don't send me a link or tell me to google, when you do that you end up on a site with a big picture of the disgusting things and I know what they look like, and I don't care to see a picture.

bleeeeccckkkkk!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Home & Garden

• These methods, that I found on ehow, help to get rid of them:

Diatomaceous Earth
    This is a great way to kill the silverfish bug. Diatomaceous earth is a mixture of crushed up diatoms that are sharp and remove the exoskeleton of insects. Simply sprinkle a thin line of this powder along baseboards, cracks, and anywhere else you want to exterminate silverfish such as under cabinets and sinks.

Boric Acid
    This is another great way to achieve infestation control over the silverfish bug. Sprinkle the boric acid into cracks, under sinks, under the stove and refrigerator, and anywhere else you have silverfish bugs. You can buy boric acid at the local hardware store and even at many grocery stores.

Salt
    Salt is another great way to get rid of the silverfish bug. Just pour the salt along baseboards, inside cracks, and anywhere you need to exterminate silverfish.

Cloves
    You can add whole cloves for infestatio
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 12:29 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I ended up having to call in an exterminator.

Answer by Bmat at 11:24 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Yeah I also suggest an exterminater. But ther is also a spary you can buy...dont know what its called. and you spary the edges around each room. It works ok for a while but you have to keep spraying every few weeks. In my house we get silverfish, house centipedes and earwigs. The earwigs are the worst! ICK! Good luck!
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 11:31 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Ewww....I hate those things!!!! I would call an exterminator and let them deal with it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:39 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• thanks for the adivce! think I'll try it. :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:37 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• What are silverfish? Im scared to google it now lol
    DomsMama07

Answer by DomsMama07 at 8:04 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Yeah those are gross. Best way to deal with them if they are a problem is getting it professionally done.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 2:29 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I have never had a problem with them.
    onecuteladybug2

Answer by onecuteladybug2 at 2:30 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I would have someone come in to take care of it. ick.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:58 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Sorry I don't know but here's a bump
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 2:34 AM on May. 27, 2011