Am I the only one who didn't buy an Easter basket for my kids?

Autumn07

Asked by Autumn07 at 11:46 AM on Apr. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• yes! what kind of mother are you?!

=) Just kidding..... i dont think i did one last year ? i dont remember. it doesnt make you a bad momma at all
    i honestly hate when moms put hundreds of dollars worth of stuff into their baskets. its getting to be the same way chirstmas is, only about what they are getting. kids i think these days are getting too spoiled in that kind of shit. i wonder what the reprocautions are going to be
    LovinMyJay4

Answer by LovinMyJay4 at 12:00 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Nope... I put it off and put it off and then last night I wasnt feeling well... so no baskets. But in my defense(because I do feel like I have to defend this awful action) My older son,10, stayed at his fathers house last night and my younger son,17mo, doesn't know the difference yet. Usually when I do get easter baskets I'm the one that eats the candy anyway.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 11:49 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I didn't buy an Easter basket for our son because he isn't born yet (he's due in July).
    LiveLifeLoving

Answer by LiveLifeLoving at 11:49 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Nope.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:50 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• No mine did not want any he is going to his GFs house for easter.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:52 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I didnt buy one either (and I KNOW my MIL is going to have something snarky to say about it) but honestly with this being the first holiday I've ever hosted at my house, baskets completely slipped my mind....Kelley is only 4 though so I don't think she'll mind too much this time...but I better get my butt in gear next year
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 11:53 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• No, feel my kids are to old & attended church last night, to Grandma's today. I'm sure they'll get their share of treats today. They are old enough to understand the real meaning of Easter...
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 11:55 AM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I've only ever done "easter" baskets one year, and it was because someone talked me into it.

None of my kids believe in any of the "magical" holiday creatures. Call me a bad mom if you like, I don't care. I don't think its right lying to my children. (Yes, they still get treats, but not from the easter bunny. They still get money for their teeth, but not from a tooth fairy. And they still get spoiled rotten on Christmas, but not from Santa.)
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 12:13 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• We didn't manage it this year, either. We're in the middle of remodeling a house, I'm in school (and I have 2 exams this week), and we're in the process of moving into the house we're remodeling. He's only 2, so he doesn't understand it yet. We don't do candy, anyway, just other treats like stickers and toys.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:17 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I didnt either but their sperm donor and his gf got them some things so I really didnt feel the need to buy them more candy and such
    michellesgirls2

Answer by michellesgirls2 at 12:24 PM on Apr. 24, 2011