Husband and Phone

My husband is notorious for not answering the phone and not calling me back. He gets mad at me when i have brought it up in the past, but I am 32 weeks pregnant, and am at risk for pre-term labor. He says that he doesn't sit next to his phone 24/7. I have voiced my concerns about it in a nice way, but this continues.

How can I get it across to him that it bothers me that he does not have his phone near him or at an audible level in case something happens?

mistical_me

Asked by mistical_me at 11:49 AM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• "if you dont answer my call the first time when i start going into labor. I will not let you know by text or voicemail the baby is being born nor will tell you what hospital I am at because i will be to busy to have my phone on me so you will miss the birth of your baby, then you can explain to your family you missed the birth of your child cause you could not answer your phone because what you were doing was more important than answering your pregnant wifes call" now if thats not enough for him, dont even call him when you go into labor!
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 12:15 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• You can't be nice in this situation. Yell and scream, or throw a temper tantrum! But mostly find a RELIABLE friend or neighbor you can call in case of labor. When you call him from the hospital and scream in his ear in labor, he'll feel like an ass.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 12:10 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Just tell him you will call him only once and if he doesn't answer you will get yourself to the hospital on your own and he will miss the birth of his child and it will be no ones' fault but his. And then do exactly that.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:24 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• They still make pagers. They are small, LOUD and clip on your belt. Buy him one so he will know it's important he call you when the pager goes off.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:37 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• my love does that too he never available???
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 1:10 PM on Apr. 24, 2011