Has anyone taken?

Ambien or other sleeping medicines on occasion to help you sleep and how does it make you feel in the morning?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 12:37 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Health

• I take ambien on occasion. It works for me and I've never had any side effects.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:38 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I haven't but my 92 year old mom use to take them for a long period of time, those suckers are addictive, but she got to sleep fine, and woke up fine, the problem began when she started sleep walking, and she started hallucinating, so we changed them to Restoril. Be careful with them.....

Answer by older at 12:39 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I take Ambien every night and I wake up just fine at 430 am every morning. I took Lunesta and I was a zombie the next day, all day. I could not shake it off. I make sure that I have at least 8 hours to get it out of my system. Maybe not 8 hours of sleep, but 8 hours between when I take it and have to wake up.
    sunrisekn

Answer by sunrisekn at 12:44 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I've taken Ambien and it doesn't seem to make me groggy in the morning like Benedryl type things do.
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 2:08 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I take Ambien CR and I have no problem in the morning. OTC aids make me feel worse. Lunesta gives me a bad taste in my mouth the next day, like I let an aspirin dissolve in my mouth all night.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:43 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• cool thanks meooma!!
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 12:39 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Roserm is a better choice as it is not addictive like ambien and you dont have to keep increasing the does to get to sleep. It dosnt make you groggy in the morning either.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:41 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• no, exercise [stretching, 100 sit ups] before bed nice long [warm] shower, and i and down for the count..
    AMMA554

Answer by AMMA554 at 12:42 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I've taken it. It seemed to make me feel sort of groggy and grouchy in the morning, unless I can sleep until I wake on my own. It's best to start with the least amount you can. I actually cut my pills in 1/4's. I have also used Melatonin, but it had the same effect. I guess I just require more sleep! LOL!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:01 PM on Apr. 24, 2011