Pensacola FL

Anyone know the area?? Water parks etc?? Going on vacay and wondering if anyone knows of any "spots" we should check out...??? Thx

s.zambrana25

Asked by s.zambrana25 at 1:01 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Travel

• The National Naval Aviation museum is too cool! When are you going? The Blue Angels usually do an air show over the beach the first week in July. That's pretty neat. Fort Pickens is pretty neat to explore. There's a zoo about 15 minutes away, in Gulf Breeze. There's also free trolleys that run up and down the main drag that are pretty fun. There are tons of mini golf places, and if I remember correctly there are a few water parks. Navarre is one of my family's favorite vacation destinations. It's not too far from Pensacola, so we usually end up there a few times during the week.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 3:15 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• There's not really much there besides the beach & naval air station. Go to panama city beach instead!
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 1:08 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• We were at Panama City Beach last week and it was crazy! That place is like a huge tourist trap and not somewhere I would ever want to go back to. I'm sure that Spring Break made it worse, but even the waves were really strong and no fun. We have visited St. Augustine beach before that and it was so much better.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:13 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• lol i wish!!! thats where my SO is at right now...making this trip out to FLA so he doesnt miss his daughters 1st...since the military doesnt care...were goin to him...lol
    s.zambrana25

Comment by s.zambrana25 (original poster) at 1:09 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Thats how we ended up there, Is he at school? There really isnt shit to do. Try po folks, their foods awesome. There is also Sams city its a bit pricey though. Def take the kids to the museum on nas its pretty cool. And if you go to the beach down past the airstrip manatees have been known to swim there :)
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 1:13 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Yes he is in school... :/ BLAH! But thank you sooo much for the tips!! awesome!!
    s.zambrana25

Comment by s.zambrana25 (original poster) at 1:19 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• ok i love this advice!!! Thanks so much for not turning this to a bash post....:D
    s.zambrana25

Comment by s.zambrana25 (original poster) at 3:50 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• We leave tomorrow!! im soooo excited to see my hubby!!!!! and my daughter is gonna be 1 so im trilled we can all be together. iv hear dthe museum is nice also were gonna have to check that out for sure!!
    s.zambrana25

Comment by s.zambrana25 (original poster) at 3:52 PM on Apr. 24, 2011