How do you deal w/ the stress of raising children?

I only have one & Im so stressed b/c she will not let me do anything! She always wants me to hold her, or play w/ her. Id love to do but cant other wise nothing gets done. I have no help from family(they live far away) & my so called friends havent stopped by the house once to see her & she is 8months now. My husband helps but stll not enough How do you ladies w/ more then one do it! How do you all deal w/ the stress?

ZeenaS.Muh

Asked by ZeenaS.Muh at 1:02 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• as they get older you get more free time.. and when you have more free time you will look back and wish they still wanted to be held. Just try to get as much done during naptime as you can or while she is on your lap. i learned to fold laundry, do the dishes, mop and a ton of other stuff one handed when my little ones were babes.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:08 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I learned to wear my little ones as I was doing things. I didn't have family around either and my husband being military wasn't always around. I was able to get everything done when I was wearing them from washing clothes to vacuuming. Also try to redirect things. You can let it stress you out or just think of everything as a process of to a better good, you are taking care of your family, it a good thing.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:08 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Do a little bit as you go along... At that age, it's normal to want to be held. Try to encourage solo play.

As for the stress--every night after our kids go to bed, I take a nice bubble bath to relax :)
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 1:09 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• One glass of wine at a time oh & some Advil too lol jk!! I have 3 kids & It can get very crazy & stressful at times. I find myself locked in the bathroom just to get some "MOMMY TIME" which doesn't last long because they have found out how to unlock the door arrrggg!!! But just one day at a time with lots of patience. I do everything on my own too..i have no family close by to help either but good friends to talk to when i need them. Things will get a little easier once you get into the routine of things.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 1:16 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• ah, we have 5, 8,5,4,1 and 4 monthes, and I never had a baby that wouldnt get on a VERY regular schedual! I cook 3 meals garden and clean all day...lol ( you have to with 5 kids and being a neat freak:) But I enjoy cooking and cleaning..etc. so it helps me destresss! GOOD LUCK!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 5:48 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I used a baby sling, but also found the swing and bouncy seat to be invaluable when I was cooking or doing something that I didn't feel comfortable holding them for. You do want to use nap time to get things done, but also use it to take time for yourself...I wish I would have done that more. Your house doesn't have to be immaculate...enjoy being a mom :) Hang in there...it does get better - the best thing right now, is to enjoy your precious little one.
    blessdmommy

Answer by blessdmommy at 9:05 AM on Apr. 25, 2011