How to take dry polish stain off our leather sofa? (wah!!!)

The other day I polished my dd nails and she knows to stay away from doing any thing until nails are dry. Well this was Wed. and yesterday I noticed a stain of polish on our sofa it was more like a smudge so I try to wet it with water hoping it would crack and peel off well that didn't work so then stupid me got a small dab of polishe remover being very careful focusing on that spot and no luck nut did manange to take off a little of the color :/...ugh! But it was the size of a dime spot. Well I had to mention it to my dh he was upset he takes it upon himself to clear it up well he gets some alcohol and rubs on it so roughly I told him to just focus on the spot well now we have this large size orange looking circle going on :( He turns around and tells me it's my fault I am like yeah right your the one who made it worse. So now there's this big eye sore on the middle of our loveseat arm rest what can we do..... Boowhooboowhoo.
Thanks Ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Relax!!! Just go to Lowes or Walgreens and buy some leather Dye. Also called leather repair kit's They make it in ALL kinds of colors. and you can even mix colors to get the color you need. You can also look for the couch makers web site as you may be able to buy a bottle of actual dye for your couch to match it.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:11 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Yikes!! Im not sure my first reaction would be polish remover like u did
    DomsMama07

Answer by DomsMama07 at 7:59 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• There is leather dye you can get to fix it! I feel your pain though...
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 2:23 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I did not know there was leather dye you can use. Good luck.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:58 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Sol-U-Mel works - it has taken red polish off of my carpet and furniture :) It won't damage the fabric either.
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 1:57 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• LEATHER DYE
    RACINGMANIA

Answer by RACINGMANIA at 9:15 AM on Apr. 27, 2011

• Had I not read this I would've done the same as you.
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 2:25 AM on May. 27, 2011