Whats the best way to lose weight?

KryxUnique

Asked by KryxUnique at 1:14 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Diet
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 1:15 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I hear more and more that dieting doesn't work. I think exercise is the better way to go, since I think that being healthy is the point.
    I've seen many people go on diets only to gain the weight back and more when they got back to eating normally.
    but for those that got into a habit of exercise that they could keep up, they seemed far better off.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 1:20 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Do African Mango Work?
    KryxUnique

Comment by KryxUnique (original poster) at 1:23 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Simple, just watch your calorie intake, exercise, and drink lots of water. Alli is a great weightloss supplement because it blocks 25% of the fat you eat. FDA approved too, which is why I'm using it. Doctors have put their safety seal on it too.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 1:37 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I have been eating less and working out more. It is a slow way to go, but it seems to be working. I am not dieting, I just am trying to make changes that I can keep up with. If I want to eat a piece of cake, I can have one piece. I am going to start couch to 5k in May, so hopefully that will help me lose more.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 1:52 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I self-sabotage when I diet. I can't have things that are off-limits, it makes it too tempting. I have the most success when I follow the slow-food lifestyle. I plan and cook meals based on fresh wholesome foods- whole grain pastas and breads, fresh fruits and veggies, smaller portions of meat and larger portions of other proteins. I make my meals an enjoyable part of my day, take time to sit, relax, and enjoy the food. I find that I eat much less that way, because I am getting more nutrients from my food and giving my body time to respond. Processed foods are horrible for our bodies in ways that go beyond our physique. When I eat better, I feel better, and then I don't stress/bored/comfort eat. I still let myself have treats, but limit what I buy or I have to bake it myself. I keep fresh fruit out and accessible for my sweet tooth. My last trick is when I'm hungry, drink 8-12 oz of water before I eat.
    Its.Me.T.

Answer by Its.Me.T. at 4:02 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Exercise!
    sendcheer

Answer by sendcheer at 4:02 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• pay attention to sodium intake and portion control.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 4:07 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I believe diet and exercise go hand in hand... Most recently as i have gotten older it is much harder to maintain my weight ... What i have begun to do is watch sugar grams... keeping them below 25-30 a day works wonders... and yes it is a little hard at first... sugar is in everything.. just check the labels on all your dairy products. I also have been taken Spin class at the gym. Hands down the best cardio/calorie burner around.!
    ilove2travel

Answer by ilove2travel at 6:30 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• You have to make PERMANENT changes in your life. It's the right balance of diet, exercise, and behavior modification. Pills are a path to yo-yo dieting, which ultimately leads to more weight gain.  A couple of links for you: clean eating, weight loss help and healthy weight loss.  The first two are journals I've written (I'm in this section a lot, and I found myself giving the same advice repeatedly, so I wrote it out more thoroughly here).  The third is a group on here that might be a good resource for you.  Another is sparkpeople.com.

Continued

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:02 AM on Apr. 25, 2011