What car seat can i get now that my son is outgrowing his?

Our son has outgrown his forward facing convertable carseat... it was the one that could go rear facing and then forward faceing... he is at the highest strap loop and its about to go to low, like put pressure on his shoulders... he is 37" and weighs about 32 lbs... can i get one of the carseats that have teh 5 point harness but later changes into the booster... he is 2.5 and most of them say to wait till 3...im not sure what to do because he is getting to big for the other convertable carseats.... what do you all use or suggest?

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 1:24 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• As long as they are in a 5 point you are fine! plain boosters aren't until 40lbs
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 1:26 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I would suggest the Graco Nautilus. It harnesses up to 65 pounds and is a high back booster up to 100 pounds. I have both of my kids in them and they will be 6 and 9 in June. My almost 6 year old is still harnessed, and my almost 9 year old is in it as a high back booster.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:40 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Yes, you can use a booster with a 5 point harness. I also have a Graco Nautilus, and like it. I have heard good things about the Britax Frontier 85 also. As long as your LO fits within the weight limits, and the seat fits height wise, go ahead and move up, just keep him harnessed.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:47 PM on Apr. 24, 2011