Do you think it is jealousy?

My WHOLE family on my mothers side HATES me with a capital H!. Ever since I was a toddler they were always talking negative about me until this day. I have no relaationship with them. The only reason I can think they hated me as a kid was because my parents were well off and were always spoiling me and th felt like my mom in their words was "treating me like a princess and thinks that I so beautiful and special." As I got older I grew up having all that I needed and wanted. My parents begin to start losing all they ha but still made sure we had the best. While my parents struggled to give us all we needed theyy hated it because they shopped at thrift shops and cursed that my mom thought I was too good for thrift shops. My cousins use to call me ugly, fat, and gossip about me saying I think I am all that. I was not fat by any means and I dont think I am ugly.. The only people that ever seemed to think I was so ugly were my family on my moms side. Even though they hated me and put me through alot I was always there for them and never ever spoke ill of them and never got into a fight with them. When my beautiful daughter was born y cousins hated it and said that my daughter is so dark and not cute. My daughter was the lightest she can be and so beautiful. Well now my cousin is getting married, she initally invited me and now I guess she disinvited me. I have no idea what can make all of them hate me. They have a problem with everything. I currently own my condo, drive a nice car, my daughter is in private school and they hate that and gossip to no end about it. It bothers me so much because I have never done anything to them but when I think about it I am thinking maybe it is jealousy. I dont want to seem conceited but jealousy is real and I am just wondering.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• Maybe they just seem jealous maybe they really are just trying to live their own life. Maybe your cousin wants the day to be just about her and feels she might lose something with you their. I would call and ask.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:40 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I understand trying to live your life but why is it that trying to live your own life means to talk ill of me. Of course her wedding would be about her but why am I the only one excluded? She specifically told my other cousins to not tell me anything about the wedding..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:42 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• do they really see that you were nice to them we have a cousin who has it so much better then us and even when she is nice to us it seems she is still being nasty. Maybe the issue is not jealousy maybe she just does not get along with you?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:47 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• WE got along very well growing up we were like sisters. I am not nasty to them at all. What bothers me even more is that on facebook she is super nice to me and always talking, commenting on my pictures and even offered to help me move.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:48 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Not sure it's jealousy. My dad's family treated me the same way for the same reasons. They all have a decent life and no reason to be jealous but they still hate me and leave me out of family things. They don't even acknowledge me on FB. I've only been kind to them and growing up we were close. Oh well, it's sad but I've learned to deal with it. I can't dwell on it. I have my own life to live. I'm sorry it's without them but that's their choice.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:54 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I would move on and ask her the truth ask her why this way and another way in front of others tell her how this makes you feel and move on. Its harsh but at least you will truly know where you stand.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:01 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• My grandmother had the "golden" grandchild. She wasn't me lol. She praised this other child, compared everyone else and even criticized us because we weren't this or that like they were. It breeds resentment. The child (now grown woman) did nothing wrong, but every time everyone was together there was a tense feeling in the air. This could be your situation, even as adults there is not a relationship. It's truly sad when adults can't see how they cause bad feelings and resentment.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:02 PM on Apr. 24, 2011