Does anyone use the cell phone form straight talk from walmart?

I is a lot cheaper then what I am paying now so I was wondering if anyone has used it and if it gets good service?

mandynjohnsmom

Asked by mandynjohnsmom at 1:38 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Technology

• I meant it is alot cheaper,lol
    mandynjohnsmom

Comment by mandynjohnsmom (original poster) at 1:38 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I have it & I have no problems with it.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 1:57 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I had one and loved it. Never a problem with service or the phone itself. It was good quality and I have to say I was really impressed with the quality of pictures it could take. But... then I lost it and there was no insurance to replace it. That sucked.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 2:29 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• We have them and the coverage is fine and it is nice and cheap. But, twice now we have purchased cards and added them to the account online and then when the time came for the service to go on to the new card the cards weren't really added to our accounts. The last time we were on vacation and had I not had the reciept with the card numbers on it we would have been out nearly $100 for new cards. Also, if you have to call for customer service it takes forever to get a real person on the phone and even then they are not very helpful. The phones themselves are okay, but there is not a lot of choice and the free phones don't have cameras or bluetooth options.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:03 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I had the Samsung i that looked like the LG Scoop and it was a POS. Service was ok, but customer service was a joke. I'm with Net10 now and LOVE it. I'm paying $5 more a month, but it's a much better phone and better customer service. As far as I know, that Samsung is the only one that people have had problems with, but I could be wrong about that. I've known or known of about 20 people who had problems out of that particular phone.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:22 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• We have used ST for 2 months and haven't had any problems with service. It cut $100 off our phone bill per month. The only thing is I liked the internet on my Verizon Blackberry so much better. I don't use the internet on straight talk because it's too annoying :( oh well we have 2 computers at home when I need one.
    Summersmom360

Answer by Summersmom360 at 4:36 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I have one because it only cost $100 to get and $30 or $45 per month (depending on if you want unlimited service or not). I can't stand high phones bills and this phone is perfect for me since I rarely use a phone. I think the service you get depends on where you live. Mine does well most of the time but it definitely has it's issues at times - I get cut off sometimes and can't hear well on it at times. Sometimes I tell people to hang up and call the home phone. LOL!
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 5:44 PM on Jul. 1, 2011