Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you believe in prophetic dreams?

This morning I had the strangest dream. My family and we in this strange house, but it wasn't a normal house, it was more like a shack. So we were there and there were several other families staying with us. The wind started blowing hard and someone said it was a hurricane. Which is strange because we live in the rocky mountains. So the water started rising and the waves were slamming against the windows, giant waves that covered most of the windows. So we started to run to higher ground as the water kept rising. Water was everywhere. She we came to a room where on of the ladies in our group had created a shrine for her dead daughter. None of us wanted to see it destroyed, so we began praying that the water would recede. It finally did.

Now this is the weird part...
As we are rejoicing that we were safe a revivalist preacher comes in and tell us that the Sumerians were just wiped off the planet and that next will be the Egyptians who will be the fourth civilization to go. Then he goes on to say that it is okay because we will always be spared and that the world will go on just fine without the lost civilizations, the Haitians, Japanese, Sumerians and the Egyptians. Because they don't really matter to the world economy.

I woke up with a horrible headache, the worst I have had in a long time.

WTF?


I am not saying I believe it was a prophecy, but how freakin bizarro!

 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

This question is closed.
Answers (12)
  • I believe some dream can be precognitive, but I don't think this was one of them.
    2autisticsmom

    Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:30 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

  • Did you watch the Ten Commandments last night? If so, that's probably where you got all those thoughts and they came back up in the form of a dream
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

  • what did ya eat last night lol.....quite a dream!
    sarasmommy777

    Answer by sarasmommy777 at 2:06 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

  • Nope, no Ten Commandments for me.
    Anonymous

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:49 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

  • I do believe.
    As for your dream... I dont know what it means... but way cool dream
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

  • I believe in prophetic dreams and I can tell you some of what this means!
    I will tell you this. only 5 % of our dreams are future related and the other 95% is what is going on in our lives right now.
    Water often represents the Holy Spirit. The storm represents chaos and the Rocky Mountains represent Jesus ( He is the Rock) You are protected from the storm. The house represents the church building and the family with you are part of the family of God. It is here you find peace from the storm. The dead daughter represents a lost prodigal daughter and your intercession for her will lead her to life with Jesus! The preacher is your spiritual advisor at the time to you and your family . He was telling you that basically whatever happens around you and your church family, you will be well taken care of. Each one of those countries represent something precious to you. He is saying you can do fine without them . CONTINUED......
    Shaneagle777

    Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:21 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

  • and they are not necessary for this season or journey in your life.
    I hope this gives you some ease into what the Holy Spirit wanted to share with you! It is a powerful dream and a GOOD one.
    Shaneagle777

    Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:23 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

  • yep i believe and i have had them before many times. I also can tell when someone in my family is having trouble because they show up in my dreams every night until i call them.

    mamak57

    Answer by mamak57 at 2:55 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

  • Yes I do.
    meooma

    Answer by meooma at 6:56 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

  • I have prophetic dreams at times, but I'm always a skeptic until it happens. That's just my way of coping with the unreal-ness of knowing ahead of time. So yes, I believe in prophetic dreams. Look up "oneiromancy" (or "oniromancy"). My parents & relatives as well as my family have had me do this to them a few times so it really isn't about whether you believe it or not, but whether you can deal with it -- no matter the results (it happens or it doesn't).
    domesticrecluse

    Answer by domesticrecluse at 6:56 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN