Is it mean of me?

Is it mean of me to get upset at my mom because she keeps telling me I need to eat more, and all I do is eat! She's like "you need to eat this, that, this, that, the baby is not gaining enough weight"

I regret telling her that the doctor said at my last appointment my uterus is measuring a week behind...

Ever since, she's been telling me that the baby isn't getting enough nutrients because I don't eat, etc etc...

Is this mean of me to get upset with her for telling me what I need to be eating?
She's had 3 kids, but so what...

jessiskinner200

Asked by jessiskinner200 at 1:50 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Just tell her the Dr said YOUR FINE and the Baby IS FINE. Ask her nicely to please stop with the eat eat eat stuff as it upsets you.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:53 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• mean is the wrong word.

You can feel what ever you want... it is how you act that counts. Thank her and say you will take that into consideration... then just do what is best for you.
    Anonymous

• i agree and your uterus could measure a week behind because you might be a week behind in your pregnancy and not as far along as you think
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 2:38 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• If your doctor is not concerned you don't need to be. The extra calories required to sustain baby is equivalent to a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. That's it. Any more than that added to your normal diet is too much. Don't eat more food just amke sure it's healthy food. Due dates are off by two weeks in either direction so you might not be as far along as you think you are.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:48 PM on Apr. 24, 2011