What are you doing for Beltane? Crafts? Food? Tell me!

Im just wondering what your doing this year for Beltane, including food, crafts and anything else. i would love more advice thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have not made any plans but here is a bump for you!
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:03 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• – collapse
    Nothing special, just get a goat and sacrifice it and you know stuff like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• I looked up some simple things I could do and that I could share with you....May baskets(gather flowers or outside things and give to someone in need of a day brightening someone who cant get out) is something that I think my kids might like doing.

Dress in bright colors, make a wreath of spring flowers and wear it in your hair.

Kiss and hug and mug your loved ones.

Make it a joyous day...dance around, be happy. The simple things we do can honor those holy days just as easily as the more complex rituals.

As for food salads(greens) and oatmeal and dairy products are good. So whatever items you like that involves those.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:32 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Going to a park and being a part of a Beltane celebration including a Maypole dance. With a potluck afterwards.....woooohooooo
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:16 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• It's planting day for us, since it's too cold to plant before that. Last year we went out and "woke up the ground" with music and dance... I'm not sure all of what we'll do this year yet.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:51 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I have not really given it much thought to be honest. I am always outside and "celebrating" but maybe I should look in to it. I will follow this post for ideas as well :)
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 9:32 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I haven't given it much thought but I guess I should considering it's next weekend. =)
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:40 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• My Circle is doing our "Annual Burnt Offering to the Gods Ritual/BBQ" and turning our flagpole into a Maypole!
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:47 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• What is beltane exactly as a holiday? Not being rude just asking? Is it may day?
    alligurl186

Answer by alligurl186 at 6:05 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Yes. where you make a May Pole, dance, eat etc
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:14 PM on Apr. 26, 2011