Is anyone else offended by Lady Gaga's song Judas?

I admit that a lot of her songs are catchy and good dance music but today as I was cooking for Easter brunch with my family I had the radio on and they were playing that song Judas. I think it's really offensive to do so on this day and I hadn't really paid attention to the lyrics before. And I'm very much a Liberal!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Entertainment

• Actually, it's my favorite song by her. I love it.

However, if you're taking offense to it being played on the radio on Easter, I'd take that up with you radio station.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 3:04 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• i've never heard it, most likely will never hear it, as i steer clear of lady gag-me's 'music'.
    but, if one person think's its offensive, it probably is. let's face it: she's not into making friends and playing nice, is she?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:05 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Hey she knows how to get publicity even if its not good.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:07 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I guess she's not and she gets attention for shocking everyone the way people like Howard Stern got famous. And no I won't take it up with the radio station. Instead I'll just turn it off when the song comes on but yes the song is offensive.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:08 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I find everything in general about Lady Gaga offensive. She has some major issues, IMHO.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 3:12 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I guess what I meant by this post is that I wanted to know if anyone else was offended by song or if I am just misunderstanding the message.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:14 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I don't listen to music, but I think she's one of the 'artist' (and I use that term very loosely) who enjoys being offensive.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:14 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• She just offends me period.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:22 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I haven't heard the song, but I've heard the controversy and read the lyrics. I think it is more a parable than actually talking about loving Judas. Also, if God's plan was for Jesus to die on the cross for our sins, then Judas did a good thing. I know that sounds really messed up, but Jesus had to be sacrificed for our sins, yes? And he had no plans on going to his crucifixion of his own accord (who would?). He knew Judas would betray him, and he allowed him to do it because he HAD to die, according to God's plan. Judas was an instrument that God used to achieve his ends, not someone to be abhorred.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:23 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• i love gaga!!! and seriously who cares. that's as idiotic as getting offended by The DaVinci Code
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 3:25 PM on Apr. 24, 2011