Does anyones' baby do this?

My baby is 61/2 months ..when i pick her up, she looks mostly to the right and to the left.and at everything but me..she has and does make eye contact with me when i'm feeding her or if she's sitting up..etc. but not all the time..Also, when i call her name it's inconsisten. She loves when i sing or read to her and has a favorite ryhme in which i get full attention... i want her to always look up at me when i hold her or call her... am i expecting too much?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She is just starting to recognize her name. So that won't come for a little bit. My DD, now nearly 10 months, will smile every time I say her name even if she doesn't look at me. I think she thinks it is a game. But there is so much going on that she wants to explore everything. If you are holding her, she knows that she is safe and can look around and still feel your comfort. Most babies do the same I think.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 10:05 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• all babies do this,mine does it too,its just a phase it will pass.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:59 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I think she is learning to enjoy her surroundings, my son at 2 months old would completely gaze around whenever we entered a new room, to take it all in. There are so many things for her to look it and learn she is just curious (preparing her self for what she can get into when she is mobile lol)
    prettyeyedmommy

Answer by prettyeyedmommy at 11:24 AM on Dec. 4, 2008