Eloping

Did you elope? What did you do?

We are "eloping" next month, just us and the kids and possibly my MIL. Just at the town hall, no big deal. We bought the kids a watch/necklace to give before or after the ceremony and maybe we'll go out to lunch or something.

I am considering sending announcements after just to let our families know, but wonder how to word them or if there is any way so it doesn't sound like "we got married without you, please send us a gift."

Any thoughts are welcome :)

TJandKarasMom

Asked by TJandKarasMom at 3:40 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• No, but I wish we had! Good luck to you. :)
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:53 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I wouldn't send announcements at all. It seems too formal to send them if you elope... IMO. Best of luck.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 5:10 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• You sound like me! We had a big bar-b-que, and announced there that we were married.

I love hearing about couples who care more about being married than about getting married

Answer by rkoloms at 5:21 PM on Apr. 24, 2011