Why do parents' give their children names if.....???

I don't understand why a parent takes the time to name their child and then has their siblings refer to their sister as sissy rather than by their name. What if there is more than one sister?? Sissy 1, sissy 2...etc??????????????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Baby Names

• because family nick names are just that, it is often not what they ask the outside world to call them. get over yourself.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 3:46 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• What if there is more than one sister?? Sissy 1, sissy 2...etc.

I don't think you need to ad the number. Sissy is still fine for all the siblings.
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 3:48 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Why should it matter to YOU what someone else's kids call their siblings. Control freak much???
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:44 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• cuse they orrady have a name
    MommaGina84

Answer by MommaGina84 at 3:51 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• who cares?
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 4:08 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• My name is Holly, and I'm pretty sure that half of my family doesn'tt know it.
    They call me Pook...ever since I was like 10...my father called me Pook and it's just stuck.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 4:34 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I dont see a problem with it? My dd is "Sissy" and shes 21. I have a younger daughter who also calls her that. Its a nickname. My youngest dd is Sara but goes by "Cherry", again who cares? Its what they call each other and basically pet names they made for each other in love.

Answer by gemgem at 4:41 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• What the hell ever... I see so many stupid questions and ignorant statements on here I figured I would add mine to the bunch. Hmm... some of you never disappoint with the answers..... Maybe the next question should be to stir up about abortion or teen mothers?? Or how about those that think it is pure evil to bottle feed or for a woman to get a c section......
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:47 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Wow anon petty much? How bout you get on off the comp awhile and celebrate Easter and remember what the day is for, instead of put people down for different opinions then yours.
    Anonymous

• My youngest DD calls her older sister sissy. No biggie. We all still call my oldest Ava which is her name, but I had said sissy once and that is now what she calls her. How is that a big deal?
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 4:54 PM on Apr. 24, 2011