Could you justify?

Leaving your SO because he cannot provide for you the way he was once able to..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• No. If you are considering leaving on those grounds alone, then I think you should look at what is really wrong in your relationship that you would let something like money be the deciding factor. I would look at why your finances are in the state they are and work together to solve the problem- why should the financial responsibility fall squarely on his shoulders? Your whole family spends the money.
    (I would live on the streets if it kept me by my husband's side.)
    Its.Me.T.

Answer by Its.Me.T. at 5:36 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• No. part of being in a relationship is sticking thru the hard stuff. Just because he can't cater to you the way he did doesn't mean you should leave him. Maybe it's time for you to step up and cater to him?

all relationships are give and take.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:53 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• No. Reminds me of his EX who milked him for all he had & left when he was broke! Times are hard. I'm in it for love, not money. If someone is willing to leave because their SO/DH hit a speedbump, they need to question why they were REALLY with him in the first place.

My SO hasn't been able to provide for a while. We stuck it out & I provided for us & now he ran into an opportunity to provide for us more than he could before.

Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 4:19 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• No I couldnt. Dont the vows say for richer or poorer? better or worse?
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:53 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• For better or for worse, remember? Why is everyone wants to run when it gets worse????
    Anonymous

• No I coudn't.
    firepony

Answer by firepony at 3:56 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• No way, there are highs & lows in marriages & eventually it with smooth itself out.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 4:09 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Leaving someone just because they are broke is incompassionate and greedy........however, i would not stay with someone who does not care enough to help themselves out of a situation. For instance, if you had a husband who lost their job and after a year has given up the job search and sits at home all day not being productive, I would have a problem with that.
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 4:44 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• As long as he gets back on track. I don't see why.
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 3:53 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• No way, I love my DH and it has not a thing to do with how much money he brings home, I love him for who he is, the kind ,sweet,caring, full of life, man he is.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 4:48 PM on Apr. 24, 2011