Is the early labor or just a really loooonnng false labor?

ok so i have been having regular contractions (about 4 mins apart) for 15 hours now. the first 4 hrs were pretty painful contractions. but eventually started getting less intense. about 30 mins later, when i decided to go to sleep, they came back. i slept horribly and woke up constantly because of them. these felt worse. then i got up to stay up (9 hrs since contractions started) and they were still bad and 4 mins apart. then about 12 hrs since all this started they started getting less intense so i went to sleep. i slept ok, only woke up a couple times, and now im awake (obviously) and theyre less intense, more crampy feeling than anything. but still every 4 mins. what is this? i know theyre not regular BH contractions because ive been having a lot of those too and theyre def not this uncomfortable! i mean theyre tollerable but not horrible but worse than BH contractions! and i already lost my plug, last time i was checked i was 2cms and 40% effaced. been having "false labor" for over a week now. is this more of the torture? or is something real happening here?

xunlucxyx0

Asked by xunlucxyx0 at 3:51 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I think you should call your dr. It sounds like the real thing to me. If they were false they wouldnt have kept waking you up.
    pinkflowerpetal

Answer by pinkflowerpetal at 4:13 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• ^ agreed

I was in false labor for 2 weeks before I had my DD. Once the contractions turned painful & wouldn't let me sleep, I knew it was time.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 4:21 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Def. Call your doctor. Good luck!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 4:31 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• how far along are you?

and what i was always told was bh contractions werent regular and didnt get more intense.

how are you feeling now?
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 4:46 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I wasn't sure if i was in labor so I called an they told me to drink a couple glasses of water and lay on my side. if it was false labor it would stop within a couple hours. Of course, this advice was from 11 years ago so who knows if this is still recommended.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 5:07 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I agree it could be dehydration. It could be a reaction to sex. It could be real! If it has been going on this long I would call to get a OB's opinion!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:13 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• i havent had sex or done anything to bring on labor. it started last night when i was just sitting there watching tv. i have drank tons of water and even took a warm bath (which actually made it worse and was incredibly uncomfortable) contractions are still about the same 4mins apart. getting more uncomfortable (now my back is hurting) and im getting pretty bad heart burn (idk if that means anything). theyre still tollerable just uncomfortable
    xunlucxyx0

Comment by xunlucxyx0 (original poster) at 5:21 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Sounds like it could be the real thing. Are you full term? If you are walk around, do squats with each contraction, keep them going. Keep timing. How far away is your hospital?
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 5:33 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Had any bloody show? that was the kicker for me. I didn't want admit I was in labor until I was spotting. Have you called your ob yet? I really want to know what they tell you!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:34 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Oops squat down I meant to say with each contraction.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 5:34 PM on Apr. 24, 2011