What would you do?

If you felt you did not get enough affection and demonstration of love from your DH.. I met him this way, he has been this way, but at times when he has really tried he has done an awesome job at demonstrating he can be affectionate.. 6 years in, I am tired of begging for something I feel I am entitled to and earn every day.. Would you be done?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• It's really not an issue of your needs are not being met. I need money, I need new clothes, but I don't always get them! LOL! Sometimes, we want too much from people. Think for a moment if you would be totally happy if someone showered you with affection 24 x 7. Sometimes, we really have to think about what is important. I guess what I am trying to say is that maybe he's just not that type of person and he doesn't feel comfortable showing affection, but maybe he shows it in different ways... does he love and support you? Do you love and support him? Do you both respect each other? Would be ever cheat on you? These are all things that you need to think about before you make a decision to leave the relationship.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:07 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I wouldnt. Some guys need constant nagging and pleading to get them to do things.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:56 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Yes after ten years without sex and affection I was done do not let it get to this long maybe its time to try counseling.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:04 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• If you work at it & it doesn't get better then I would say move on if you are unhappy. You both need to try first though before throwing it all away I'd say. GL to ya...
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 4:14 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Sometimes my DF is this way.
    I just sit down with him or lay in bed and express I feel lonely and unloved and I don't know if I can handle it. This either ends with him (after a few beers) crying and apologizing for not showing he loves me and how he wants me to forgive him. Or he'll explain why he's been distant (usually work)

This is only 2 years in though. 6 years in, i'm sorry to hear! Explain to your hubby you NEED to feel wanted or you'll have to walk.
    britishmummy

Answer by britishmummy at 4:34 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• you knew he was that way when you met him, did you have this discussion then,or where you hoping for more? giving him some of his own medicine might work, after a talk, or which ever that may work. Does he he push you away .? don't beg.he is with you. you dont sense any foul play do you? [cheating] try not being so needy for it and maybe he wlii come to you, and when he does ... treasure it, make it worth it.good luck

AMMA554

Answer by AMMA554 at 5:02 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• If your needs are not being met and you are not happy, then move on.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 3:56 PM on Apr. 24, 2011