Tips on reducing back ache?

So it's pretty basic =]
Just wondering for bed time, I end up laying in ed for 3-4 hours now waiting to get comfy but I can never do it! My back will ache, I want to sleep on my back but read it wasn't good?

I'm 27 weeks pregnant now with an average bump (I wish I could sleep on my tummy!!!!)

britishmummy

Asked by britishmummy at 4:31 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Do you have a maternity pillow? Or can you place a pillow between your knees. I am 36 weeks and having a lot of back issues and I too toss and turn and can't get comfy. Or maybe getting one of the toss pillows off a couch and put it behind your back. Good Luck and if you find something that works, let me know.
    sondamom0828

Answer by sondamom0828 at 4:54 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Heating pad or a warm bath..that seems to help me with the aches and pains of my lower back pain. I am only 2wks and 2days pregnant though
    dolphingoddess

Answer by dolphingoddess at 5:14 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I use a heating pad and take baths regularly and it helps a lot. I am 30 weeks and 5 days and those 2 things have been great! Also if you can get someone to massage your lower back before bed....that helps as well!!
    annabelle092810

Answer by annabelle092810 at 5:22 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• It isnt good to sleep on your back all night, but if you lay on your back for 10 to 15 minutes with a heating pad, that could help loosen your back muscles and help you relax. Then lay on your side to go to sleep.
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 8:23 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• OF COURSE YOU CAN SLEEP ON YOUR BACK as long as it is comfortable and doesn't interfere with your breathing...

If YOUR MD/OB gives you sound reasoning as to why you shouldn't sleep on your back, then follow directions, but otherwise don't believe everything that you hear--there's a lot of strange information out there with nothing to substantiate it...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 11:47 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Thanks ladies! It's good to know I can sleep on my back for little intervals without worry!!
    britishmummy

Comment by britishmummy (original poster) at 10:32 AM on Apr. 25, 2011