What do you do when your 2 yo

is just being a pain?
I've played with her all day...we've colored eggs, ect....
Now that I've sat down and relaxed...she wants candy or me to play with her. If she doesn't get it, she'll scream and cry.

Have I mentioned she refuses to take a nap. How do you force a child to take a nap btw? I've tried turning in cartoons and laying her down, she won't go for it.

Chloesmom1126

Asked by Chloesmom1126 at 4:58 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• maybe try laying down with her till she goes to sleep
    esmith1984

Answer by esmith1984 at 5:19 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• If that were my kid I would put her in bed and just let her cry it out. Even if they dont nap. The more you give in and give her or occupy her the more she will expect from you.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:19 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• my DS doesn't want to take a nap sometimes eiher.. he is 3 now.. so i know how you feel. i have no advise for you i just wanted to let you know are not alone.
    Shorty616

Answer by Shorty616 at 5:20 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Mine is right here jumping on the bed screaming at the top of his lungs at the moment if it makes you feel any better lol. He woke early at 5am and by 10 was acting cranky so I layed him down for a nap. It never happened. So we did our Easter activities, etc. and now I'm simply letting him run (or jump) off his energy hoping he'll wear out soon! Unfortunately the weather is actually crap so no park or anything today.. but sorry I wish I had the answer!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 5:32 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I am a fan of CIO, they will eventually learn that you are no longer going to fee into their attention seeking behavior and eventually pass out. My DS is 2 and sometimes wants to constantly play, i just nicely tell him that it's my turn to do something and he needs to share my time with other things. He says okay share mommy, and goes on about his business :) Hope it helps!
    Xtina0828

Answer by Xtina0828 at 11:39 PM on Apr. 24, 2011