No eggs this easter

Did anyone else (NOT) dye easter eggs? I didn't because eggs are just too much money. My kids are 9 ♥ 12♥ 13♥ 15♥ I just got them a small basket and put some candies in. No toys. I told them this is a gift for remembering our savior, and doing your best for the family.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:04 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Holidays

• We have never dyed eggs until this year more because of the mess. We always have 12 boiled and 12 raw eggs in the house anyway and I got some dye form the dollar store. Baskets are small every year because Easter to mus is not a huge gift giving holiday.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:09 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• holding easter egg

I didn't! I don't have any kids at home though and I can't eat eggs.... so, it's pretty tough to die "egg whites". LOL!

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:14 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• my daughter didn't want to dye any easter eggs she wanted the ones at walmart that are the plastic ones i still bought eggs tho just in case she wants too
    proudmom2287

Answer by proudmom2287 at 5:15 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I didnt dye eggs this year, kid are away at college. NO point in doing any. But yea!! Whats with the price of eggs going up so much for easter?
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:16 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• i found some things that looked like qtips that had dye inside it @ walmart. they broke the tip and just colored the egg. it was easy and mess free. plus it was less thean a dollar. i have 3 stepkids so we got the little 6pk of eggs they each got 2, and hid the plastic ones.
    esmith1984

Answer by esmith1984 at 5:17 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• We didn't, but only because I don't like the thought of dye in the hands of my 2 year old!! Scary lol. Maybe next year...or the year after!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 5:24 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• dd is 4yo... We where so busy with other things that we pretty much forgot about it.. i dont think she missed it much :) maybe next year.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 6:08 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• We boiled them and deviled them but didn't dye them. Every year when we have done this in the past we end up throwing out a couple dozen eggs. This year I only made a dozen of them and we only have 3 left after dinner.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:40 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Sophie and I didn't color easter eggs
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 7:48 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• We almost didn't dye eggs. It was late afternoon before we got around to it. It doesn't seem as much fun as it used to.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 7:26 AM on Apr. 25, 2011