being a sahm!!! In response to the question that just got deleted that was bashing sahm's

There was a question just posted and then deleted by the time I submitted my comment. We were told to get real and that we sit on a couch all day. That is far from what I do and if you have the nuts to come on here and bash a mother that enjoys and wants to spend time and raise her own kids, then you should at least have the nuts to not post anonymously. I have had a job since I was 15 and didnt quit until I had my daughter which really is none of your business. Maybe you should "GET REAL" and raise your own kids. Its one thing if you have to work, but to choose to pawn your kids off all day and bash a mother who doesnt??? You need to get a life!! I bet I do more in a day then you do and by a long shot!!

asholan_07

Asked by asholan_07 at 9:53 AM on Dec. 3, 2008 in General Parenting

• AMEN SISTER. Just let her go... she's just someone who hates her life and is jealous that she can't stay home and be a loving mother to her children. Gosh. i would be jealous too though if i were her
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:55 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• That has to be someone who has never had a child, a troll or a pot stirer. I worked and I now stay at home. Both have their ups and downs. I liked working and took pleasure in it. I haven't stayed home long enough to get a read on what I think or feel about me personally staying at home. But I have been so busy that I am wanting to try and find a job again. I need a break. Even if it is just part time. Do you realize the energy of a toddler? I mean there are some days I just wish I had something I could safetly give him to wind him down. I wouldn't. Ever. But it still doesn't leave me from just wishing about it.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:59 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I dont have a problem with SAHM moms but I have to work...and I work hard. I dont think anyone should be bashed wheather they are working or not. I am home by myself with the kids on the evenings and weekends so I know how busy SAHM are so I have respect for both sides. Although I agree that it was not fair to you for someone to say you do nothing all day, it is not fair to the working moms for you to say "I bet I do more in a day then you do and by a long shot!!" I think the work is equal, just in different ways.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 10:03 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• cont.. I was never jealous of stay at home moms nor am I jealous of working moms. We are all just moms. Which means that we arent't "just" anything. We rock. What we do in a day is amazing. We need to be supportive of all mothers and not just some.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:10 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I get the best of both worlds, the only drawback is that I never see my husband. I stay home with the kids during the day, the older one is in school, but I get to pick him up! Then at night I work. It was the only way we could make things work without completely relying on government assistance, and I don't know that we would qualify for enough anyway. (Long story there). I don't know that it is fair that you take offense to getting told you do nothing, only to say that you do more than a working mom.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 10:11 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Okay sorry I said I do more because maybe I dont, but I took complete offense to being told we do nothing. So sorry to everyone other than the original post writer>>LOL
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 10:34 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Hey, we're all moms here, and we all work 24/7 whether you stay at home or not. Im a SAHM and I know that I never get to clock out, but when a working mom comes home, she has the same responsibility as a SAHM. I do think its best to stay home with your children, but in this economy, very few people can. I thank God everyday that my SO works so hard so I can be with my babies, but not everyone is that lucky. If you have custody of your kids, and you take care of them, then you have a never ending job. If you're gonna bash any moms, then focus your negative energy on the moms who dont take care of their babies...Ever. I have custody of my niece, her BM hasnt seen her in 2 years. Now that is a sad selfish "mother".
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 10:38 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I don't know why people feel the need to pick apart another family's personal decision. Its my opinion that children are better off at home with their own mothers and I'm entitled to that opinion, but if you have a different opinion, that's your business.

I wouldn't say that a sahm does more than a working mother, I would just say it's very different. To me, it often feel like I never leave my place of employment (home). When my DH comes home he wants to take it easy after working 8 hours. I want him to relax, but I have also been working 8 hours, well more since I'm up before the family to make breakfast and get little people dressed. Also, if you work outside the home I doubt your coworkers expect you to feed them, dress them, wipe their butts/noses and let them accompany you to the bathroom. That is extremely draining.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 10:40 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I know I do more staying at home with my children than I did when I was working 60 hours+ a week. I did the job of like 7 people, all day! I know I work my butt off harder then ever now chasing two little ones around!!!! I have mom duties, maid duties, chauffeur duties, wife duties, vet duties, chef duties, personal shopper duties; so on and so on. 24/7!!! No daycare or babysitter to help with breakfast, lunch or dinner around here. Snacks while trying to entertain a toddler; not easy!!!
    angeladh82

Answer by angeladh82 at 10:58 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I have respect for both moms. Either way its difficult, and either way you're taking care of your family in some way. I am a stay at home mom to a 16 month old, and although I love spending so much time with my son, I need a break at this point. After the holidays I am going to get at least a part time job at night. We need the extra income, and I NEED a break.
    ConnorsMama1210

Answer by ConnorsMama1210 at 11:02 AM on Dec. 3, 2008