Stubborn 23 month old...

I'm venting more than anything. But my son wants to sit on my lap (when I'm on the computer, he likes to touch the buttons), but I'm 29 weeks pregnant and it's just uncomfortable. He tries to sneak his way in my lap, putting one leg in my lap then just sliding into place. When he doesn't get his way, he starts crying or his latest thing is run to the front door and slap the door. I'm keeping calm explaining to him that he can sit in my lap another time, just not now. Ahhhhh, I love the terrible twos!!

Pregowithsecond

Asked by Pregowithsecond at 9:56 AM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter does the same thing sometimes. When she does, I just have her pick a book and I move away from the computer and give her some of my time. I always think she just wants my attention and I dont want her to think being on the computer is more important than her.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 9:58 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• Maybe he just wants comfort from his mom. My son is 21 months old and I'm also 29 weeks pregnant. I hold him all the time when I'm sitting(I can't carry him much unless he's in a baby carrier when we're out). He's still nursing so we hang out in a chair so he can nurse and cuddle. When he does cry, which isn't often, I just redirect his attention to something else, a toy or some crackers. It works really well for us.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 11:55 AM on Dec. 3, 2008