My 3 yr old DD can write the letter "A" "B" "O" and "N'' am I pushing her too hard?

I recently bought DD a dry erase pad with how to write letters and she seems to have caught on pretty fast. Should I continue to teach her more letters? She really likes to write them or should I slow down and just let her be a kid. I just wanna make sure she is ready for Pre-K3 in case we do enroll her this next school year.

nightngale83

Asked by nightngale83 at 6:27 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• If she enjoys it keep doing it, but go easy on her. Kids learn that stuff in K as well! There's no hurry!
    Anonymous

• if she likes then go ahead, there's no harm in teaching her more
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 6:30 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I started with mine at 3. She will be 4 in a couple weeks and she can write them all uppercase and lowercase. She also knows how to write her name, mine, daddys, SO, SS. She can also count up to 50.

I don't think that you are pushing too hard.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:30 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• now is the time to teach her. To her learning is fun and play. Build on that and you will have a child that knows the joy of learning and accomplishing.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:31 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• go for it teach as much as you can but dont force it on her 24 7 or she will learn to hate it but its never a bad thing to educate your child and go her
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 10:10 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• We had some time every day where I worked on letters and number with them. It was something that continued all day, but a little while was only numbers and letters, including reading books. They were fine with it.

Answer by Bmat at 10:10 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• If she enjoys it, go for it. But, as others suggest, don't push it.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 11:04 AM on Apr. 25, 2011