How far along do you have to be before you can test?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:33 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Most tests are pretty accurate 12 days after conception. So a day or so before your period should be adequate. If it is negative, wait until you miss and then test again.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:35 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I didn't even miss my period yet and although I had NO idea...My hubby knew right away, I had anxiety attacks one evening and Iv'e NEVER had them before! He was right! I took the test the next day and IT WAS BLUE!!
    jblueeyes228

Answer by jblueeyes228 at 6:49 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I should have my af in a week. Do you think it would show if I took a test tomorrow morning?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:00 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I start testing a week before I miss my period. You could take one and if it is positive then you are, if it is negative then I would wait a few days and test again.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:16 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I would waste money on a test tomorrow. Most say five days sooner so I would wait until you are in the five day range. Me, I would wait until I miss my expected cycle.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:42 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I've had blood tests that showed an increase in hormones only 5 days after implantation. (I had an embryo transfer)
    Cristi1004

Answer by Cristi1004 at 8:33 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Thank you all I talked it over wih SO we are testing friday hopefully it will be a + :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:51 PM on Apr. 24, 2011