Does anyone have a Savannah?

Hubby knows I have wanted one for a long time and have done loads of research on them. We have decided that we will get one within the next 4 years.

LoraGardiner

Asked by LoraGardiner at 6:46 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Pets

• I wish!! Those cats rule!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:47 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Lol, they cost more than my current car! Bills first, then I get a Savannah. I think it's so awesome that they hiss instead of meow. They mimic the sounds of snakes in the wild, and they are so damned gorgeous!
    LoraGardiner

Comment by LoraGardiner (original poster) at 6:49 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• yeah,but 10 grand? dream on for me!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:26 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• You're going to pay $10,000 for a cat?
    Anonymous

• It depends on what level you get. A neutered F2 runs about two grand.
    LoraGardiner

Comment by LoraGardiner (original poster) at 7:30 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Dang, they're expensive!! The Golden kitty :)
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 8:43 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Sorry, I wouldn't pay that kind of money for an animal. I paid 30 grand to adopt my kids from Ukraine, that was expensive, but I feel I saved 2 people's lives.
    3mom627

Answer by 3mom627 at 9:53 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• To each his own. It wasn't a matter of should we or shouldn't we; I was just wondering if anyone has one. Congrats on your babies though.
    LoraGardiner

Comment by LoraGardiner (original poster) at 11:12 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• They seem like too new of a breed to me. I don't care for wild/domestic crosses as pets. They are gorgeous, granted, but the breed is too young for enough wild tendencies to have been bred out. Even what we call domestic cats aren't fully domesticated the way dogs are. I worry about cooping up an animal that has no inborn desire for human companionship. A lot of wild/domestic crosses will snap on their human owners due to a financial or time deficit on their human's part. A lot of people find out too late that they can not support the animal's appetite and spacial needs. If you have the space and the money to feed a wild cat's appetite and give them sufficient exercise, more power to you, but I personally believe that these creatures should be left in the wild where they belong.
    Anonymous

• There is a cattery near our home that I have visited on numerous occasions. Anon, I agree with you whole heartedly that crossbreeds aren't for everyone. I'm not wanting a cat straight out of the jungle. Most of the cats in the price range I am willing to spend are only 25 to 33 percent wildblood. The interactions at the cattery are amazing. But with any animal, I plan on proceeding with caution and knowledge. You should check out the videos on youtube. :)
    LoraGardiner

Comment by LoraGardiner (original poster) at 8:03 PM on Apr. 25, 2011