Cafe Mom's I need your advice :(

My twins are due for their MMR vaccine soon "at 12 months"
I have heard soooooo many bad this shot, and now it's got me paranoid. People say "do your research and make a choice" Um the research is what caused me to be confused and paranoid....What did you do? Did you give your child the shot?? were you nervous about it??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Kids' Health

• ok...this will open up a can of worms...talk to your doctor (people will thumbs down me for that)...and do what you feel is right...the more you ask and the more you research, the harder it will be. My daughter is 2 1/2 and is current with all her vaxes...she had standard symptoms after (fever, tired, etc..) that was it. In MY opinion, the benefits of being vaxes, outweigh the risks by FAR....I was doing the same thing you are doing and drove myself batty...I just decided for myself that I wanted her protected....
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 6:50 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I did not do the MMR, or any other one. Have you shared your concerns with your doctor? Do you trust your doctor? Those questions will also help you decide what is right for you and your family.
    Borne_Wonky

Answer by Borne_Wonky at 6:50 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I'd be happy to share some info if you wanted to PM me. You have to be the one to make the decision, no one can make it for you.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 6:54 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Talk to your child's pediatrician and get information and their opinion, but in the end it's your decision. Both of my girls had theirs and we didn't have any bad experiences. I'd much rather my kids have their shot than get measles, mumps, or rubella.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 6:56 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• i never did research on any of the shots the kids need, i just gave my kids the shots... THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH MY KIDS! its amazing! :)
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 6:56 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Mine took all of them and then some and are perfectly fine, the benefits outweigh the risk.

Answer by older at 7:21 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• thank you ladies for taking the time to answer me :)
    in my heart i feel vaccinating is the right thing to do. but then i get scared because all the research and stories ive read have me PARANOID especially children becoming brain damaged from it, and the fact that that is one of the adverse reactions that they type on the information sheet. :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:23 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I would wait until they are at least two, and have the doctor's office order single dose, preservative free, vaccines.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:56 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I agree with rkoloms, it's better safe than sorry. If you feel in your heart that it is fine, it probably is. I had a really bad feeling about one of my kids getting her shots and I didn't do it. I have NO regrets about that. I trusted myself and who knows what would have happened if I hadn't? One thing that might make you feel better is that doctors vaccinate their babies! That's a good sign if you ask me. Good luck!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 9:59 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• PS-One more thing. People will judge you whether you do or don't do it so no matter what don't do anything based on someone elses judgement. We all have the right to choose for ourselves.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 10:00 PM on Apr. 24, 2011