33/35 Weeks and Damp+ adult content

I am 33 weeks yesterday, but we believe the dates are off and I'm actually 35 (long story and a bit off topic). So this is too early, so I'm a little freaked...A couple times today I have felt damp, and it doesn't feel like urine leakage (which I've had and can usually feel). Well I just checked and this is watery and mucusy, and I have a lot of pressure low. Bcause of the mucus it's probably not amniotic fluid, I noticed a piece of my mucus plug fall out a week or so ago. What should I watch for? I had to call the Dr on Friday so I feel I've used my needy/crazy pregnant lady call for one week so I'm trying to put off calling for a bit to see what changes...

LoveBuggsMommie

Asked by LoveBuggsMommie at 6:55 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It could be discharge.. in the last month leading up to delivery it can get pretty messy down there, but if you're concerned you could always go to the hospital and have them check to make sure it isn't amniotic fluid. Good luck Momma, and congrats!!
    TexasMama2Boys

Answer by TexasMama2Boys at 6:58 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• It could be an increase in vaginal fluid. Typically it increases quite a bit. It could also be your mucous plug which can come out and regenerate itself over and over again. Or it could be your mucous plug which is not a big deal unless accompanied by other symptoms. I wouldn't worry too much.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:04 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I agree with the previous two answers, it sounds like it is discharge or mucus plug, but if you feel uncomfortable and are worried give your doctor a call. It may help to ease your mind. GL
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 8:14 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Most likely your mucus plug and regular fluid discharge. (are you drinking alot of water/tea/juice/soda...?) Even if it is a little amniotic fluid, don't worry too much. Your body is still producing fluid to replace what you absorb and as baby's head moves around it will most likely plug itself. Try not to let them check your cervix! That is MUCH more of a risk for infection if it is Amniotic fluid! (bacteria moving up stream? We aren't talking about salmon here!) My suggestion would be to keep hydrated and get as much rest as possible! Your in your final stretch!
    Cristi1004

Answer by Cristi1004 at 8:42 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Infectious discharge generally will smell bad, but you call your doctor if you feel like it!
    MyMyOhMy

Answer by MyMyOhMy at 9:14 PM on Apr. 24, 2011