HOW MUCH DO YOUR INLAWS KNW ABOUT YOUR MARRIAGE

Do you guys keep your problems to your self. or do your inlaws know your buisness???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:39 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• We keep everything between us, pretty much. His family didn't even know I was pregnant with our second baby until I was like 7 months along.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 7:40 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• The in-laws knew nothing. Of course we never saw them either.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 7:42 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• both of our families are crazy and not the best set of people to involve in any problem so we keep or problems between me him, and my hair dresser lol I love you Julio lol

timbrikaylamom

Answer by timbrikaylamom at 7:43 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Only what they need to know.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:36 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• We don't really have anything that they do not need to know about. So I guess that I would say that they know everything. If we have anything sometimes we ask for advice from either my Mom or his parents. I don't know what we wouldn't tell them.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:39 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• We don't go out of our way to tell every little problem we have to our parents. We usually keep that to ourselves, however we will bicker in front of our families and occasionally "comiserate" with family members. For example, when my grandmother was complaining about how my grandfather couldn't be on time to save his life, I will chime in with "I know what you mean...I have started leaving without Joe because he can't read a clock"

They've been together 40 years, we've been together 14...we don't have any "real" problems, and we know we aren't packing our bags over the small stuff. I do think it is risky business when you vent to family and then expect them to love your other half as much as you do and keep their opinions to themselves. I mean, they wouldn't have an opinion in the first place if you didn't give them the details, kwim? Not you specificially, but in general.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:41 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• My mother (his MIL) knows somethings but not all and we see her everyday. His mother (my MIL) knows nothing but she lives 600 miles away.
    daina82

Answer by daina82 at 9:22 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• My MIL lives with us, so she pretty much knows everything, but she doesn't say anything to anyone. My mother knows very little. One of the reasons is, she would tell my sister and I don't want her to know anything.
    3mom627

Answer by 3mom627 at 9:45 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Hahaha, this might sound crazy but my husband's in lawas are a bit crazy themselves. They actually don't know we have sex which is crazy, they think our daughter was born through fertilitly. They said they would think we were disgusting for "engaging in intercourse" (as they say it). but listen to this, they have no problem talking about their sex life. We invited them to our beach house one summer and I walked into them having sex, (It almost seemed like an S&M situation...yuck! I don't need to see my 50 something in laws doing it). They just don't grasp that their son is 33 and that he's married and we have sex regularly or at all. LOL!
    giuliana.79

Answer by giuliana.79 at 9:54 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• They know that we're married with 2 kids......and that's about it.
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 10:16 PM on Apr. 24, 2011