Can high blood sugar (250) cause low blood pressure???

I've been having low blood pressure for months and no one is really sure
why.. every now and then when I test my blood sugar, it is really high I've also been told a few times that there is sugar in my urine, but other times things are normal, and my bp is still really low.. as bad as 70/40 and my blood sugar isnt always high unless im just not catching it.. does anyone know if this causes low bp? it is seriously affecting me mentally and I really need answers.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Health

• Low blood pressure is commonly associated with both diabetes and hypoglycemia.
    ShadowRaven

Answer by ShadowRaven at 7:56 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Has the dr checked your heart? Heart disease is a complication of diabetes. You may have a blockage that they are catching.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:47 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• have your doctor check things out. I am diabetic and sometimes when my blood sugar is high my blood pressure will drop; also you can go to www.webmd.com and look up diabetes and blood pressure I use this site for alot of things and it has helped me to understand alot of different things I have to deal with
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:14 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I would call your doctor immediately and talk to them about this it could be serious or it could be nothing but rather be safe then sorry. Good luck
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:21 AM on Apr. 25, 2011