Fibrocystic Breast Disease

All month my breasts have been hurting ALOT. Last week my right one was hurting really bad and I was massaging it, I hit a lump that hurt so bad I jumped straight out of bed. I have lumpy breasts anyways, but I've NEVER had one that hurt like that! So after freaking out for a few min. I calmed myself down and went to the doctor the next day. She said I have Fibrocystic breast disease. She said it's nothing to worry about and to stay away from cafiene. She ordered a mammogram bc the one lump is sooo different from the other one. The other one's are just like large masses. But this is *the painful one* is little and I can actaully grab it. It;s like a really big pea size. But OMG does my breast hurt! It's a radiating pain all the way through my nipple. Well the next day the doctor called me back and said the hospital won';t do a mamogram because I'm only 24, so they're only going to an ultrasound. I'm going in Tuesday for that. I'm just sooo nervous! Does anyone else have this? Are any of your lumps like this? is this severe pain normal? I've read up some on it, and nothing I've found has been really helpful. Just says pain is normal.

jedwards2009

Asked by jedwards2009 at 7:51 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Health

• Yup! I've always had lumpy breasts. I honestly thought it was normally until I felt another woman's breasts & realized that hers wasn't lumpy like mine. I didn't think much of it until I had my pap that year which I was like 16 and I'm 23 now. She told me I have the same thing. She said it has a lot to do with hormones as well. We kept switching birth controls & stuff. She checked my hormone levels & thyroid levels. Everything was normal. To this day, I still have lumps. I think this is pretty common. She just suggested making sure I do my monthly checks & if anything feels weird, to have a gyn check it out. good luck, hun.
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 7:55 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• its odd the hospital wont do a mammagram on you...I had one done when I was 24..if your doctor ordered it they have to do it...by the way I have lumpy breast too....
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 9:28 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I had a cyst on my left breast and it got so big and hurt like crazy the doctor finally drained and removed it I think if your doctor wrote an order for you to have a mammogram then the hospital would have to do it.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:13 AM on Apr. 25, 2011