I feel SO FAT, UGLY & DISGUSTING TODAY!

I just feel so fat, disgusting, ugly.. anything you can think of - I feel it. I don't know how to fix it. I'm dieting, I did my nails, I've dyed my hair .... I mean I'm 10lbs lighter than I was 2 weeks ago ... why am I not feeling any better about myself ?? I get more than enough compliments from my SO. This is a ME problem. How the hell do I fix this ?

loudnproud87

Asked by loudnproud87 at 7:59 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I have a long history with eating disorders, too...that is why I try to focus on something other than the weight. In the past I have literally starved the muscle off of myself, so when I started gaining weight from muscle instead of losing, it made me nuts. I needed to see that there were results.

The fact that you have lost and still feel awful is probably all to do with the eating disorder. We tend not to see the results.

And honestly, my stomach after having kids is completely screwed up. Loose skin, stretch marks, etc. It will NEVER be pretty again. Accepting that no matter how much weight I lost, it would never look the same, was awful.

Try to focus on health, eating nutritious foods, getting the exercise you need, etc. Also, taking the time to put on an outfit that I think is really cute each day boosts my mood immediately.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:44 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Is this an everyday thing for you or is it just today? It's no fun either way, but I've yet to meet a woman who is fully immune to "fits of the uglies" as my grandmother used to call them. I know I definitely have days where I just want to smash every mirror or reflective surface to bits, but it passes in time. If this is kind of a regular thing for you, you might try redefining your idea of beauty. That's easier said than done, but it doesn't hurt to try. Think about it, you're a mother and that alone is beautiful. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you but I'm sure there's tons of qualities that make you a beautiful. Perhaps you're very smart or generous or funny or all of the above!

I wish I could be more help. If all else fails, at least you know you're on the right track with weight loss, and you've got someone by your side who thinks you're gorgeous. Not everyone can say that. Good luck, and I hope you feel better!
    lytate95

Answer by lytate95 at 8:16 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Thanks, Hun. I appreciate your support & helpful advice! ;)
    loudnproud87

Comment by loudnproud87 (original poster) at 8:17 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Take your measurements every week. Write them down so you can compare. Sometimes it feels like I can't see the progress, but when I can see inches coming off, I know that it is working and I feel better about it. I plan to do exactly that as soon as I have this baby!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:06 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• That's a good idea, M -2- 3- Girlz Only thing is ... I have a hard time dieting bc I have history of eating disorders. I think thats why I'm having such a difficult time with this. Plus for some reason, I'm havin horrible ache... that along can you feel super ugly & unattractive. ya know ? I've done everything I can for this ache...nothing works :(
    loudnproud87

Comment by loudnproud87 (original poster) at 9:27 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Mom-2-3-Girlz.... Thanks so much, Hun! I really appreciate your advice & sharing your story. The sad part is I know what can happen from eating disorders bc my mom was from the time she was 12 to 22 besides when she was preg w me & my sister. She is totally suffering from it now. Her stomach doesn't work right & she is so thin, but flabby. If that makes sense ? I was for a few years before I had my son. I haven't dieted since I had him bc when I tried to I would go back to my old ways. I accidently lost 10lbs over the past few weeks, I think its bc my dads mean comments. Now that I lost that 10lbs I'm ready to try to diet again. I can feel the disease taking over. My SO bought me those smart meals & I'm going to eat two a day. I think that will help me a lot. ya know ? I'm trying, girl !! I get weighed again at my dr appt next Monday. I don't even own a scale bc I obsess over it! :( Thanks again, Hun. take Care
    loudnproud87

Comment by loudnproud87 (original poster) at 12:43 AM on Apr. 25, 2011