Any Hag Moms out there?

Ok so I'm wondering... Is there other moms like me out there? I think a good term for me is Hag Mom. My clothes aren't the nicest, i rarely have make up on (mostly because my children got into it and i haven't replaced it) My hair never does what i want it to.. It always looks like Don King's hairdresser did it. when i look at a picture of myself I gasp and wonder.. "Wow! Is that how i really look? is that how others see me?"

I don't photograph well at all.. I wonder what the hell my hubby sees in me that makes him want me... I'm so plain and kinda BLAH looking.

I have no real knowledge of make up of hair. But i want to learn. I wanna be hot for my hubby, for my self esteem.. to show my children that I have respect for myself and so should they.. you know?

I'm wondering if there are other HAG MOMS out there... that can understand what I'm going through.

MyIslandGirls

Asked by MyIslandGirls at 8:03 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• What scares me about your post is that you wonder what your hubby sees in you. I hardly ever wear makeup. I hardly have nice clothes. I'm not skinny. But my man tells me that I'm beautiful. Beauty starts on the inside. Obviuosly your husband is interested in something more than a hollywood anorexic model. So consider yourself lucky.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 8:07 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I AM A HAG MOM! BUT WHEN I HAVE TO GO OUT TO DINNER OR DRESS UP I CLEAN UP NICELY! I DO ALWAYS WEAR NICE CLOTHES THOUGH AND I HAVE A PERM IN MY HAIR SO IT ALWAYS LOOK NICE AS I CARE FOR IT IN THE MORNING. JUST NO MAKEUP HER..
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 8:10 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Hell no I have a business and a job that requires me to go out looking for money and I have to represent my company so I wear makeup and do my hair and look good for my own company and for the money I will get.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:17 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I wanna be hot for my hubby, for my self esteem.. to show my children that I have respect for myself and so should they.. you know?--

no, i don't know. from your post, you have no self-esteem, and have devalued yourself. you call yourself a 'hag' and that is not good. you don't have to be a hottie-tottie wearing the latest fad clothing, or the stupid shoes that get posted on here daily to be a beautiful gal. but it does start within. once you realize you are something good, and decide YOU LIKE WHAT YOU SEE without all the trappings, you will describe yourself much differently. hon, start with reaffirming that you are beautiful. tell yourself daily!
    your dh loves you, i'm sure, simply because of who you are, not for what you look like. would you want him to only love you looking like barbie? (or whatever your idea of 'hot' is) beauty is subjective, and only skin-deep.
    now stop devaluing yourself!!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:22 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I agree with dulls

Answer by older at 8:28 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I'm not devaluing myself at all. just being honest. My hubby doesn't tell me I'm beautiful every day and when he does (which is rare) I don't believe him.
    I look tired all the time, I never look presentable at all. And I'm not saying that to be presentable means to have all the fancy clothes and such. That isn't what i mean. I haven't bought nice clothes for myself in over 4 years. nice meaning... that it doesn't have some sort of stain on it.. or isn't faded from all the washings it's been through. My clothes are frumpy usually. I don't know how to make it so that i look nice.

MyIslandGirls

Comment by MyIslandGirls (original poster) at 8:39 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I don't wear makeup or have extremely nice clothes on all the time. I am a Mom and large dog owner. In fact I own two large dogs that jump on me and lick me all the time. If they aren't licking my face they are sniffing the clothes I have on. Then there is the jumping up on me and scratching my legs.
    But despite how messy I can look my hubby is still turned on by me. I wonder why he can like me when I am all sweaty from walking the dogs, but I know he loves me.
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 8:41 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• well alot times i look bummy also but when need be i can look the part maybe i could help you message me
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 7:59 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Sounds like you want a little mini makeover! Go to the mall, and have someone at the cosmetics counter work w/ you. Or go to a friend's Mary Kay party. You may end up buying a product or 2, but you'll get instruction on how to apply it. Look thru some magazines or online to get hair ideas, then talk realistically w/ a hair dresser. Find out if you'll be able to style it or how to style it on your own. A good hair dresser can recommend a cut based on the shape of your face, and how much work you'll be able to spend styling it. Finally, go spend some time clothes shopping & find out which pieces look best on you. Go to a lady's consignment shop if you need to save some $$. My last words of advice are free! Smile! A pleasant, confident smile will automatically make you beautiful, make up or not! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:05 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Find a MAry Kay Consultant in your area and she will help you feel better about yourself with a free makeover.
    Just go to marykay.com and find one in your area!!!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 8:19 PM on Apr. 26, 2011