MY 5 MONTH FELL OF THE BED LOUD THUD

SO I FEEL LIKE A HORRIBLE MOTHER.. MY BABY JUST FELL OF THE BED WHILE I JUST HAD TURNED AROUND TO GET A DIAPER... HE CRIED A FOR A WHILE BUT SEEMS to be acti1ng fine iam so worried i dont know what to do please someone give me some advice should i take him to the doctor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• YOUR NOT THE FIRST OR LAST MOTHER. IF BABY IS DOING FINE.. LET IT GO!! YOUR NOT A HORRIABLE PERSON CAUSE OF IT.
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 8:06 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• It happens to a lot of us, don't feel bad. If the baby seems okay then I don't see a reason to take him to the doctor just keep an eye on him for the rest of the nite just to be on the safe side.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 8:08 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Only advice I can give is it happens. Same thing happen to my daughter when she was about 5months old. Don't feel horrible. When my other daughter was about a month old I had her at the foot of the couch in her little bouncy chair. I had a book on the armrest that I was reading. I sat down and hit the book and it feel right on her head. I felt bad about it. But now we laugh about it.
    As long as he didn't smack his head to hard he will be fine.
    firepony

Answer by firepony at 8:08 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I was in the bathroom peeing, my idiot hubby was supposed to be watching the baby, she fell off the bed and whacked her head on the corner of the dresser. A trip to ER who couldn't do anything and now she has a permanent dimple in the middle of her forehead. I would take ur kid in if there are signs of distress, or signs of a concussion but don't knock yourself.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 8:12 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• It happened to two of my kids. I felt so bad. Call the doctor if it will make you fell better, but I sure he's fine. Watch him closely.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:16 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• if it was tiles i would be concerned. if carpet as concerned. if he seems fine to you, dont go. but if he is acting off, i would def. go
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 8:17 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I've had six kids and I think every one of them fell off the bed at some point. It happens. Luckily, babies tend to bounce. It rarely does any damage you need to worry about and it frightens you more than him. Just be a bit more careful in future (obviously) but don't beat yourself up about it.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 8:24 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Lol...you are probably seriously overreacting. Babies are more durable than we give them credit for...and as the PP said, you're not the first or the last mom it has happened to. Obviously, try not to let it happen repeatedly, but honestly, your baby is in all likelihood just fine.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:58 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• just watch for vomiting also dont let him go to sleep within 2 hours of a fall..my lil one feel off our 4ft bed when she was that age,chances are,,they will be fine..
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:46 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• This happend to my baby at 5 months tooo!!! OMG she screamed i felt sooooo terrible its made me cringe. She was finnnnne! they have hard heads don't worry about it. DO NOT Beat yourself up over it!<3 xo HUGS
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 10:18 PM on Apr. 24, 2011