Why is it always up to the woman to spice up her sex life?

What is HE doing to fix things? Why isn't he the one who should be dressing sexy and wooing the woman?
I see alot of women on here looking for answers. I say make him do half the work! We're the ones who are pregnant,give birth,and feed the babies. We're tired! Why does it fall to us?

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 8:25 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• AMEN Buttterfly!

Why should I have to do ALL the fancy tap-dancing, eh? As for it being easier to just do things rather than explain them, that argument doesn't work when the fellow in the equation isn't communicative about what the hell HE finds to be spicy because isn't half the issue getting his attention and having him find you sexy? Well, if his version of "communicating" is saying "Whatever you want to do, babe." it can be damned frustrating. And nothing kills the mood faster than having made a serious attempt at "spicing things up" and he either doesn't notice or acts as if it's no big deal to him either way.

Just once, it would be wonderful to have HIM come to ME and say "Hey, do you think you could find a Princess Leia costume, because I think that would be hot on you" or something. Anything really, at this point I'd throw on a football uniform or install a stripper pole if it was his idea!
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:45 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I agree, but you got to teach your man to do this, in order to get any, he needs to woo, and lots of foreplay, or else nothing happens......

Answer by older at 8:33 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I'm sorry but men just don't understand sexy.. they seem to think swinging their "junk" like a helicopter is sexy.. Really?! lol

It is just easier to spice it up our way so we don't end up annoyed with them trying only to have them be hurt and never want to try again.
    Pick him out something sexy, leave nice hints, steal his clothes out of the bathroom so he has to come out nude to you..
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:19 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• YEA! I turn to my S/O and say this question prepared for a spark of shock across his face and a what do youwant me to do response and he says Ive brought home porn before......LMAO
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 8:33 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I dress sexy because it makes me feel good, it has nothing to do with him - the fact that he enjoys it too is just a plus. He knows exactly what kind of outfits on him make me stare and drool and he wears them. I've never felt the need to spice things up and we've been married for 9 years with 4 kids and another on the way. He's just as much a tease as I am and I love when he gets me revved up, he knows exactly what buttons to push.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 8:42 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• i agree. but i think all of this stems beyond the bedroom. seems its always up to the woman to do everything all things household related. i can't go from mother of 3 to sex kitten with the switch of a button!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:52 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• heck if i know!! i tell my dh all the time if he'd just woo me like he did when we were dating (lo, only 6 yrs ago...), actually use 'foreplay', rather than his normal, ''hey, come do me.''..or ''you need to be '?ed' tonight!''..he might actually get something! why do they think all they have to do is have a penis to please a woman? HAHAHAHA!!!..i'm feelin' ya, op.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:28 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Amen sister!
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 8:56 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• i totally agree. i think it's such a joke that we carry the child for 9 mos and are expected to keep him satisfied. and when we don't do that, he complains. it's like seriously i want to smack him and say "are you fricken serious???" it should be a 2 way street.
    mmsfirstone

Answer by mmsfirstone at 9:15 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• "they seem to think swinging their "junk" like a helicopter is sexy"

*LMAO* And why do they do this? I think they are all six year-olds in bigger bodies.

And I spice things up for the same reason I do other things around the house. It's just easier for me to do it than explain it! Mostly, I concentrate on making myself feel sexy and then that translates to him. Or, I just flat out tell him what I want. He's happy for the hint.

But I really don't get the swinging junk!
    blu_canary

Answer by blu_canary at 9:31 PM on Apr. 24, 2011