OMG...MIL is unbelievable!

She has hidden our old engagement picture but proudly displays her daughter and son in law's engagement pic....she also has both of our wedding pics on a side table in one room, but when I looked the other day, there was a HUGE Easter bunny figurine right in front of my face!!! There was PLENTY of room on the table to put the huge bunny...

We all ordered dinner the other night when we were out, so she suggested ordering a plate of FRIES for my 1 year old at DINNER time, so I ignored her and ordered him a meal off the kids' menu...she wonders why she doesn't get to babysit?!

Then, she sat there at dinner while we were all chatting, she was texting (probably her daughter)!!

I'm done....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• you've got to take the good with the bad and pick your battles especially when it comes to the MIL. atleast she does display pics of you in her home, did go out to dinner with you all and wants to babysit. some would consider you lucky to even get that.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:41 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Sorry
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:41 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I agree with the last poster, it sounds like you are blowing things a bit out of proportion and looking for things to nit pick. So she sees certain things differently than you do. No fries are not healthy but they are not poisonous and going to kill him. None of what you said provides a reason why she couldn't babysit him. Just the fact that she is around and is making an effort shows that she loves him. And sometimes pictures just need to be moved or taken down. I would let things go.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:46 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Please tell me there's more...I could share some stories about my MIL that would put her to shame, lol I've given up on pleasing mine, of course I've been married to her son for 28yrs.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 8:52 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• She is not that bad at all, you are a little sensitive I think?

I have cut my MIL out of my life because she has done things that are a lot worse! Putting a bunny in front of your picture is nothing.

gammie

Answer by gammie at 8:53 PM on Apr. 24, 2011