How do I know if I'm having a miscarriage?

I don't have medical insurance so going to the doctor is hard for me. I just got my "period" a week early and I have HORRIBLE cramps and I'm bleeding a lot. How can I tell whether this is a really bad period or if it might be a miscarriage??? My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex so its very possible that I could've been pregnant, but if I was I probably wasn't far along. Please help. I need to know asap.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Dec. 3, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Vaginal bleeding that may be light or heavy, constant or irregular. Although bleeding is often the first sign of a miscarriage, first-trimester bleeding may also occur with a normal pregnancy. But bleeding with pain is a sign that miscarriage is more likely.
    Pain. You may have pelvic cramps, abdominal pain, or a persistent, dull ache in your lower back. Pain may start a few hours to several days after bleeding has begun.
    Blood clots or grayish (fetal) tissue passing from the vagina.
    It is not always easy to tell whether a miscarriage is taking place. A miscarriage often does not occur as a single event but as a chain of events over several days. One woman's physical experience of a miscarriage can be very different from another woman's experience.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:37 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• I copied the above from Web MD
    beckcorc

• I had a similar experience. I had clots that were on average the size of a quarter. You can always go to planned parenthood and talk to them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Dec. 3, 2008

• that happened to me... it was 2 wks early of period. it was a miscarriage. i just had to wait it out
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 1:43 PM on Dec. 3, 2008