Is "Elf Princess" a compliment?

My aunt commented on a pic of my daughter in her Easter dress on facebook. She said, "She looks like an elf princess." Is this supposed to be a compliment? Would you like it if someone called your child elf?

momversuswild

Asked by momversuswild at 8:50 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• yes definitely! I would love it if someone called my DD that. . . they have too and it is so wonderful. . . it is supposed to be a great compliment!
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 9:03 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• i would but it makes me think lord of the rings and elves are very beautiful i think she just meant small lol i wouldnt be offended unless she said it like eww shes looks like an elf princess its all about the tone in which she said it
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 9:04 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• My moms really into elves & lord of the rings & what not..She calls my DD the same thing. I don't mind one bit, in fact, I think it's cute.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 9:05 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I would take it as a compliment. Elves are cute. Now if she had called her a troll princess, then that would be a different story lol
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 9:15 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• It really depends on who said it and the context. I like elves so I'd be flattered.
    MyMyOhMy

Answer by MyMyOhMy at 9:19 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• She probably meant it as a compliment, like that she looked very whimsical, colorful and cute! She probably didn't mean like a Keebler elf or one of Santa's little helpers, but more like a character that could be found in an enchanted forest! :)
    NickiKidsOnGo

Answer by NickiKidsOnGo at 9:22 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Ya, I am not sure how to take that, like you. It doesn't sound like a rude thing but doesn't really sound like a compliment either.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 9:48 PM on Apr. 24, 2011