Two week wait....

Okay, how do you keep from going crazy on the two week wait? We just did insemination yesterday, and i'm already going crazy over it. lol Any tips?

GothicChk52

Asked by GothicChk52 at 8:55 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• try to do things like go to the library and read about pregnancy and plan things out just to keep your mind on it but not thinking about the waiting part.
    kat201

Answer by kat201 at 8:59 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I think that wait was the hardest in the world. Just do your best to relax and not think about it. I think if you have things to do and keep yourself busy it is easiest. We did IUI 3 times. The result is now 6 and currently driving me up a tree.

Good luck! PM me if you need someone to distract you.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:01 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Fuck like bunnies. ;)
    MyMyOhMy

Answer by MyMyOhMy at 9:08 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I had a couple IUIs trying to conceive my first as well. Go home, lay down, talk...and in about a week, start testing like a crazy woman. I found out I was pregnant 6 days before a missed period with my first, so it is possible to find out early...just don't trust a negative until you see blood. Positive means the hormones are there...negative just means that the levels might not be high enough yet.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:14 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• hugs

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 10:04 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Thanks guys. I keep plenty busy with school, my internship, and our 4 year old, but I'm just looking for anything else. lol
    GothicChk52

Comment by GothicChk52 (original poster) at 8:17 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• if you are taking progesterone, don't test before day 10, or you could get a false positive, which can be disappointing. The progesterone is a pg. hormone setting your body up for hopes that it took. Like you, we just had it done, and this is the longest two weeks of my life. I'm 7 days away from testing. I've been working on a new business restructure, so that's helped to keep my mind occupied...i purposely decided to delve into a new business restructure at this time to distract me....it's sorta working? Every day that gets closer to day 10 though, i get a little more nervous.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 4:29 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I know how you feel, girl. I have a lot to do with school and stuff, so it keeps me busy, but I can't help thinking about it.
    GothicChk52

Comment by GothicChk52 (original poster) at 4:47 PM on Apr. 25, 2011