Are people with PETS happier????

yes no depends

Rydersmommy616

Asked by Rydersmommy616 at 8:57 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Pets

• Depends on what the pet is like... If it's a stuffed pet that doesn't make any messes, perhaps... but mine sheds, requires vaccines, eats, poops and generally drives me crazy... so that would depend on the day it is.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:59 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• yes
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:59 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Not always!!!! Our dog has idiopathic epilepsy. And he is on a medication that causes him to be well... I nic-named him shakey legs. Our other dog always tries to over dominate his brother who has epilepsy. But other than that they make me happy. I mean when I am sad it is like they can sense it!

SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 9:03 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Not me. One more being to care for. Don't get me wrong. I like my dog Scooby. But somedays he runs off to the neighbors. Drives their dogs crazy. He wants out all the time.. then when I put him out.. you guessed it... wants in! *sigh* but my kids love him. That's all that counts. :)
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 9:06 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• As long as the pet doesn't suck, yes people with pets are happier, handle stress better and live longer.
    MyMyOhMy

Answer by MyMyOhMy at 9:07 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• If you pet does such have it put down.
    MyMyOhMy

Answer by MyMyOhMy at 9:08 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Depends on the pet. The cat who peed on my bed constantly - with me in it - not so much. My calicos who love on DH and the kids - definitely.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:08 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• pets give unconditional love. I think that makes life better. As far as "happy" I think that depends more on the thoughts you allow and entertain which determines how you feel. :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 9:08 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• No! Im miserably with our cat. Hes vicious and nasty. My kids will be asleep and he will crawl on their beds and start scratching them and attacking them. I want toget rid of him but theres this piece of me that hopes he will be nice one day. And no hes not sick already took him to the vet.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 9:16 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• We had dogs for almost 25 years and 2 months ago, we had to have our dog put down. At first, we didn't want another dog, we were relieved that we didn't have to take her outside, etc. Now, we miss a dog and we are going to get a puppy after we come back from vacation in July. I think people with good pets are happier. They are such a comfort.
    3mom627

Answer by 3mom627 at 9:51 PM on Apr. 24, 2011