Highlight hair issue- What to do?

So, I had blond highlights put in my hair last week. It looked nice, then. But, I was wearing my hair in a new style. Tonight, I washed it and did it the way I wore it previously. It looks bad. It's way too much and it just doesn't work with my eye color at all. I look washed out. So, my question is- could she have put the highlights in my hair in a different way this time? Also, other than going back, which I probably will, what can I do? My normal hair color is very dark.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• You can always buy a slightly darker shade of dye from the gorcery store . . . it'll darken the highlights a bit.

Next time, you can always tell her that you want it finer and sparser . . . or a few shades darker than what she did. It is hard, because some hairstylists just do it "their way" despite what we tell them . . . you'll have to see.

Good luck.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 9:19 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• If the new style involved a different part placement, then the highlights would be placed wherever your part is. Did she do thin highlights or chunky?

The only things you can do is either dye it one color, go back to the new style, or ask for more highlights in the areas they are lacking.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 9:19 PM on Apr. 24, 2011