Christian or Nonchristian Man??

I need some advice. I would like to have a husband.I have been told I need a christian man since I go to church.But then I'm asked why not date someone who is not christian?What's wrong with a nonchristian?I am christian but I'm not a bible thumper or religious like many of those in church.I say I'm spiritual.So is there a difference who I should date and want as a husband?Christian or nonchristian?No bashing please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• I am a non practicing Christian and dated an aethiest for 11 years and even tho I don't really practice, the religion differences really got in the way. It will always play a factor-if u have kids, how are u going to raise them? Also, I believe in the afterlife and I personally believe you are with your loved one(s) when you die, he does not believe that. So long story short, I finally found a man that has the same ideas as me and we mesh much better.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:42 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• For some a man's religion is very important to them.. For me, the man is more important than his religion. How he treats me, respects me, honors me is far more important.. I think the man is far more important than the religion he is or is not.. Find a man that is right for you. If he is ok with your flaws and all, and treats you right; thats what is important..

Of course their has to be common ground meaning you respect his beliefs as much as he respects yours:)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:42 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I would date whoever treats me right, regardless of what religion they are. Best of luck in finding what you are looking for :)
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 9:52 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• What's important to you? Is it important to you that they believe in God? It is to me.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 10:21 PM on Apr. 24, 2011