Do you think....

you feed your kids healthy food? If so, what do you feed them? If not, why not?

RobotLady

Asked by RobotLady at 9:35 PM on Apr. 24, 2011 in Kids' Health

• I THINK I do. I try to get a little bit of every food group in his meals. And if I forget, then I know its not going to hurt him. I try to get at least three of the food groups in his meals.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 9:37 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• my son chooses healthy foods over bad. we cannot keep broccoli in the fridge! he takes it out and chomps it up! :-)

i feed him as healthy as I can because i had a lot of issues growing up where i ate nothing but junk. i am now obese and taking care of Diabetes issues... i don't want my son to have the same path...
    john2007

Answer by john2007 at 9:43 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I feed my child what I eat...I need to eat better.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 12:05 AM on Apr. 25, 2011

• We all eat healthy foods. Meals and snacks are based on vegetables, whole grains legumes and fruits

Answer by rkoloms at 10:11 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• I try my best. These days, though, unless you've got an advanced water filtration system, an indoor organic garden with chemical free soil, your own animal farm and meat processing equipment, etc. you're probably getting all kinds of things you don't want to think about in the foods you purchase for yourself and your family. It's one of the negatives of our industrial society. I don't think it's practical for most of us to go through that trouble, so we try to pick out healthy items at the store and we wash our veggies and cook our meats to the proper temperature and teach our children to make healthy choices by making healthy choices ourselves. Sometimes, it's nice to go to McD's for a burger and fries, but every day is unhealthy. Find balance and do all things in moderation. :)
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 3:44 AM on Apr. 26, 2011

• I try to serve them healthier options but sometimes it does not always work since they are so picky
    heathermichelle

Answer by heathermichelle at 5:05 PM on May. 4, 2011

• War Eagle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PS, kids need to see the food 15-30 times before they will try it. Just eat it in front of them and eventually they will ask you for it... ;)
    RobotLady

Comment by RobotLady (original poster) at 11:13 AM on May. 5, 2011

• I do feed her healthy food, but I'm ashamed to say she eats some junk too.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 8:59 PM on May. 5, 2011

• my children eat healthy foods and they eat some junk foods it all balances out and we don't allow junk foods that often
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 11:06 AM on May. 9, 2011

• I feed them lots of healthy stuff, but some of the stuff is not as healthy, and they are allowed a little junk food. We just try to make the majority of what they eat good. We try to always have fresh fruit, snack like yogurt, string cheese, ect on hand for them.
    othermom

Answer by othermom at 9:14 AM on May. 19, 2011